Showcasing Quebec theatre for young audiences
FOCUS Québec is a unifying event held every two years to highlight Quebec theatre for young audiences among international, Quebec and Canadian theatre-presenting organizations. By offering an exceptional performance space and by promoting exchanges and meetings, the event contributes to the artistic outreach of Quebec companies at both the national and international levels. FOCUS Québec was initiated in 2012 by the Maison Théâtre, L’Arrière Scène, the Théâtre jeunesse Les Gros Becs and Les Coups de Théâtre.
FOCUS Québec was organized this year in association with Parcours Danse Satellite.
A virtual edition from October 6 to 8, 2021
Three days of Quebec young audiences theatre and dance shows in virtual mode
Wednesday, October 6, 2021 – from 10 AM to 12 PM (GMT-04:00) :
- Through My Eyes (À travers mes yeux) / Bouge de là / Dance / ages 3 to 7
- Phenomena / Destins Croisés / Dance / ages 13 and +
- The Greenhouse (Le Potager) / Le Petit Théâtre de Sherbrooke / Rock concert and video installation / ages 2 to 7
- The Weight of Ants (Le poids des fourmis) / Théâtre Bluff / Theatre / age 13 and +
- Caution: Fragile (Attention : Fragile) / Samsara Théâtre and L’Arrière Scène / Theatre / ages 5 to 10
Thursday, October 7, 2021 – from 10 AM to 12 PM (GMT-04:00) :
- Lou in the Night (Lou dans la nuit) / Théâtre des Confettis / Theatre / ages 4 to 8
- The Nonexistent (Ceux qui n’existent pas) / DynamO Théâtre / Theatre of acrobatic movement / ages 10 and +
- Paper Landscapes (Paysages de Papier) / Créations Estelle Clareton / Dance / ages 4 to 10
- BESIDE / MARIBÉ – SORS DE CE CORPS / Dance / ages 14 and +
- Antigone sous le soleil de midi / Le Carrousel, compagnie de théâtre / Theatre / ages 10 and +
Friday, October 8, 2021 – from 10 AM to 12 PM (GMT-04:00) :
PANEL: The portrait and future of international programming from a Quebec perspective
The performing arts community for young audiences needs to reflect on the issues and changes that will inevitably occur in international and intercontinental programming. What are the reasons today for wanting to be active on the international stage? What will be the long-term impacts of the pandemic? What are the inspiring models and promising formats for international projects? From an intergenerational perspective, this panel of presenters, artists, and an agent will try to bring out concrete ideas to advance the reflection towards sustainable changes.
Content and facilitation:
- Esther Charron, Founder of Pôles magnétiques, art and culture and Arts Administration professor at Bishop’s University.
- Vincent de Repentigny – Artistic and General Director, LA SERRE – arts vivants
- Maude Gareau, Director, General and Artistic Director, Ombres Folles
- Laurence P Lafaille – Founder and codirector, Les Incomplètes
- Philippe Schlienger, Director of the Momix Festival and Director of the Créa (France)
- Mickaël Spinnhirny, Agent and Co-General Director, Agence Mickaël Spinnhirny
Registration for the event is now closed.
-For PERSONS ALREADY REGISTERED-, the event takes place on the Swapcard platform. Use your email address provided during registration to access your profile and the event: https://app.swapcard.com/event/focus-quebec-parcours-danse-satellite
For more details, contact:
Coordinator – FOCUS Québec
+1 514-661-2105 / +1 514-288 7211, ext. 309